Monday, September 26, 2011

Relief Society: 2nd Counselor

'Relief Society stands for love. What a remarkable thing it is to witness the love of good women one for another. They mingle together in the bonds of love with friendship and respect for each other. This organization is actually the only resurce that many women have for friendly association. It is the natural instinct of women to reach out in love to those in distress and need.' -President Gordan B. Hinckey
I feel lik all of my weaknesses are going to come out right about now. On Sunday the 25th I was called to be the Relief Society 2nd Counselor of the Bowling Green University Branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints! When I received this calling so many thoughts went through my head... 'Am I able to do this? I'm only 20?!!?!', How will I help the sisters in this branch?', 'Will I even be able to help them at all?' THen a powerful felling come over me to know that our Savior, Jesus Christ knows us. And with all my weaknesses I'm able to rely on Him and His understanding and His knowledge of His daughters. How truly blessed I am to know that through the quite wispers of a sincere prayer He will hear me. He will help me with this calling! To know also my sister, Anna-Marie, was called to be the Relief Society President! Anna-Marie is so caring, willing to listen, and serve. She is full of love and willing to share it. Her testimony is so storng and I look up to her all the time. She is not just a dear sister to me, she is my very best friend! As for the 1st Counselor, Rachel B. was called. She is new in the Branch this semester and is wonderful! Full of love too. She was just released from her last ward as the 1st Counselor so this is good! Plus Rachel is older than Anna-Marie and I so she will be helping (me especially) a lot! She has experience! I'm so excited to work and learn from both of these amazing women.  

No comments:

Post a Comment